Thursday, March 24, 2011

The dog ate my homework and other excuses…

So last night night after blogging I got a case of the late night munchies and went to the kitchen to eat some leftover potato salad and play a game on my phone. I returned to my bedroom 15 minutes later to find the Doodle sound asleep in my bed along with my 14lb Yorkie. (He’s neither fat nor big boned – he’s a standard. Bigger, not yappy and no nervous system problems from being bred so small)

I have NO idea how these two very small beings can take up so much room. See the pictures below. They take up almost an entire king sized bed. I have approximately 10 inches of space on one side of the bed in which to lay my weary body.

You can see here the space to the left of Jack all the room that I have.
I woke Jack up on accident taking the first picture and he turned into devil dog, you see why I'm afraid to make him move.

Now, you may not know this about me, but I am NOT a morning person by any means. I also have a hard time falling asleep at night. Light, noise, 11 year old feet kicking and a 5 year old Yorkie stealing my pillow are not conductive to a good nights rest for me. These interruptions in my sleep pattern only serve to make it ever harder for me to wake up on time in the morning, despite the 9 alarms that are set to coax me out of my slumber.

Yes, I said 9 alarms. I told you that I am not a morning person. I have 2 alarm clocks, one of which is set across the room. Both alarm clocks have 2 alarms set on them and another 5 on my phone.

So I took these pictures last night to use for a blog some other day and I woke up this morning to a phone call from The Best Friend at 8:30am asking “Where the hell are you and why aren’t you at work yet?” I am supposed to be at work at 8:00am.

Oh, the irony.

P.S. My being an hour late to work today did not hinder my wonderful co-workers from brightening up my office with surprise flowers for my 1 year anniversary. It did not go unoticed by the boss man, though he did wish me a happy anniversary.
Anniversary flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment